The Nigeria Police Force has released 9 important facts the nation needs to know about the newly created tactical team(SWAT).
Afrigistbase recalls that a new team, SWAT was put in place to replace Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS.
However, Nigerians were not satisfied with the introduction of SWAT and immediately kicked off a campaign to #EndSWAT over fears that same disbanded SARS officials may likely be the ones to form the new unit.
Sequel to the above, the Nigeria Police has now updated Nigerians with 9 important facts about the newly formed SWAT to avert their fears
Below are the 9 important facts :
1. No personnel of the defunct SARS will be selected to be part of the new TACTICAL team.
2. Operations of the new TACTICAL team will be strictly intelligence-driven.
3. Members of the new TACTICAL team will by no means embark on routine patrols.
4. Members of the new TACTICAL team are barred from indiscriminate and unlawful search of phones, laptops and other smart gadgets.
5. Operatives of the new TACTICAL team must be free of any pending disciplinary matter especially those touching on misuse of firearms and abuse of human rights.