As another season of Big Brother Naija is to begin, the organizers will also be considering the Covid-19 pandemic.
The reality show that always keeps everyone glued to their Tv will kick off on July 19th for the fifth season.
here are some things you should know about the plans for the incoming housemates ahead of the new season:
- The housemates were selected after a rigorous verification and online sorting of over 30,000 entries.
- Housemates have been on quarantine, in line with the guidelines provided and approved by the NCDC.
- Carefully tested measures have been put in place to ensure minimal contact with outsiders once the housemates enter the house. This includes the ‘ninjas’, who may not be very visible during the show due to COVID-19 realities.
- The main sponsors on the show, sports betting company, BetWay, also revealed a bigger payout for the winner of the show this year as well as other mouth-watering prizes for fans of the show.
- Before the show kicks off, anyone who shows signs of ill health will as expected not to be a part of the show.
- The production crew will work in (socially distanced) shifts.
- There will be no live audience at the Sunday night eviction shows.
- There will also be no unexpected celebrity visits to the house.